This is a great way to use up some leftover chicken, and as a portable lunch. The salad keeps well, and is even better the next day, as it absorbs the salad dressing. It serves 4-6 people, and you can bulk it up with more veg.
It’s also an easy capsule cooking meal, i.e you throw together a bunch of recipes that can be put together with food that has been pre-made.
- 1 recipe Fluffy Quinoa (cooked)
- 1 recipe Orange, Cumin & Coriander Dressing
- 2 chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs (cooked and chopped)
- ½ Cucumber, chopped into chunky pieces
- 1 punnet Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 3 spring onions, chopped (include some of the greens)
- 1 tsp whole toasted cumin seeds
- Orange Zest
- Extra cilantro leaves
- Add the quinoa to a bowl and mix with the dressing.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes and spring onions and mix into the quinoa
- Add the chicken and garnish with the rest of the ingredients.